The Largest Moslem Nation in the World!
Thank you for joining with us last month in the Global Concert of Prayer.
This month, we invite you to join in prayer for the great nation of Indonesia. We share some of the key prayer highlights from the Operation World as well as information about the Assemblies of God in Indonesia:
Indonesia is a country located off the coast of mainland Southeast Asia in the Indian and Pacific oceans.
- Indonesia consists of a group of 17,500 Islands that strewn across nearly 10 million sq km of ocean, out of which 7,000 Islands are inhabited.
- It is the largest Nation in the Southeast Asia Region.
- It lies across the Equator and spans a distance equivalent to one-eighth of Earth’s circumference.
- Indonesia, part of the “ring of fire,” has the largest number of active volcanoes in the world.
- The largest islands are Sumatra, Java (the most populous), Bali, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, the Nusa Tenggara islands, the Moluccas Islands, and Irian Jaya (also called West Papua), the western part of New Guinea.
Population and Religion:
- It is the 4th most populous nation in the World with 276 million people.
- It has 33 provinces, 722 languages, even more ethnic groups, myriad religious expressions.
- It is the largest Moslem Nation in the World.
- Yet, it also has one of the largest Christian presence greater than any other Moslem Nation.
- Christians are 15.9% and 5.6% are Evangelical Christians.
- People Groups: 779. Least Reached People Groups: 239. Unevangelized:39%
- Indonesia has a history of both severe persecution and powerful Revivals.
Pray for political strength for the maturing democracy to stay balanced between national unity and regional identity. Pray also for the government to act with righteousness in honoring all peoples and communities; Indonesia’s history, especially recently, is characterized by discrimination, exploitation and favoritism.
A spiritual conflict rages for Indonesia. Ancient and strong occult powers seek to oppose the influence of the gospel, while modern Muslim stratagems seek to eliminate Christianity and remove the presence of the good news. Pray specifically for the binding of these powers and for continued growth of the Church in the midst of intense opposition and growing persecution.
Pray for the Church in Indonesia:
A vision for the evangelization of Indonesia grows even as the opposition increases, joining ecumenical, Pentecostal, and evangelical Protestants in a common vision. Nearly 100 million people can be regarded as unevangelized. From 1996 onward, national and regional consultations have focused on unreached Indonesian peoples. Excellent research by the Indonesian Peoples’ Network continues, and Indonesian ministries placing workers among these peoples have significantly increased. Pray for the attainment of these visions:
- A viable witnessing church for every people group in the country. In Indonesia, there are 128 people groups larger than 10,000 people with a Christian population of under 1% – these account for 60% of the country’s population. About 30 of these have no known believers or full-time workers. Another 200 or more unreached people groups have less than 10,000 people. Pray that the Indonesian Church may take the lead as expatriate workers partner with them.
- A church in every village. The vision of many is to see at least one church planted in each of Indonesia’s 76,000 villages within one generation. Over 45,000 villages still lack a single church.
- A unified Indonesian prayer movement with a prayer group in every neighborhood, linked into prayer networks in every city and province. This is quickly becoming a reality as God blesses the burgeoning national prayer network, formed in 1990 and now spread to over 450 cities.
Pray for the Young People:
Young people represent an untapped potential for both harvest field and harvest force. Around one-third of the population are under 18 years of age. Pray for:
Students in universities. They number 3.5 million in over 2,300 higher education institutions.
A significant minority of Indonesians study overseas, many in open nations – pray that they may be reached in other lands. Others are attracted by scholarships to study in Saudi Arabia.
Children. Forty percent of kids never make it to middle school. Nearly three million are child laborers, often in dangerous jobs and, every year, thousands of others are trafficked for more nefarious purposes.
Pray for the Assemblies of God Indonesia.
The Assemblies of God in Indonesia is a vibrant Church led by the General Superintendent Rev. Budi Setiawan
Please pray for him and the leadership Team as they serve to reach their Nation.
The Executive Committee:
AG Indonesia Statistics:
- Total Number of AG Churches: 2200
- Number of Ministers: 4500
- Estimated Number of AG Worshippers: 200,000
- Number of AG Districts: 31 Districts
Pray for the Missions vision of Indonesia:
They have 3 Missions Assistants for:
- Home Missions: Rev. Gatut Budiono
- Foreign Missions: Rev. Arief Multi
- Unreached People Group Missions: Rev. Jaka Suranto
Pray for the Bible Schools in Indonesia:
AGI has 13 Bible Schools with 850 students who are being trained for ministry.
Pray for more laborers to be trained for the Harvest in Indonesia and beyond.
Other Key Needs for Prayer:
- Recovery of Church ministries in the post-pandemic era.
- A Fresh longing for Revival
- The AG Congress in August 2023.
- Strong focus to reach the Nation for Christ.
- Church Planting and new perspectives of missions in the hearts of pastors and congregation.
THE GLOBAL CONCERT OF PRAYER 2022.
Now you can watch the Prayer Sessions of all the Nations on Trinitybroadcast.tv. Click Here.